Drupal is known for being a powerful platform with a steep learning curve. This course will give you an introduction to the world of Drupal and soften that learning curve so you can get up-to-speed with Drupal quickly. We'll cover fundamental Drupal concepts and terminology, and give you the hands-on experience you need to dive deeper.
Whether you're a developer using Drupal for the first time, a content editor looking for an introduction to Drupal administration, or a site builder wanting to know how to structure a new Drupal website, this course will get you started on the right foot.
The course includes step-by-step exercises to help you understand the process of creating a Drupal site. It also includes independent exercises to help you think through the process of building out a website for your particular use case or organization.
You'll come away from the course with knowledge of:
- Drupal concepts and terminology
- The benefits of using Drupal and how it compares to other systems
- The process of creating a new Drupal 8 website
- Drupal core functionality and how to use contributed modules
- Confidence to dive deeper into Drupal 8
- Installing Drupal
- Drupal 8 concepts, terminology, and overall architecture
- Creating content types and using fields
- Using taxonomy, and menus to structure your site
- Managing users and permissions
- Creating layouts with blocks
- Organizing your content with Views
- Installing and configuring contributed modules
- Multilingual functionality
- Configuration management basics
Who Will Get the Most Out of This Course
You're new to Drupal and looking to get a base of knowledge so you can dive deeper into Drupal
You need a fresh install of Drupal 8 on your laptop to use for the course. Before the course, we’ll send you step-by-step instructions on how to set up Drupal 8 using Acquia Dev Desktop. You can also use a LAMP, WAMP, or MAMP environment if you already have this set up, but we recommend Acquia Dev Desktop.
Suzanne Dergacheva (pixelite) and Alex Dergachev (evolvingweb). We have 7 years of experience developing Drupal websites. We've worked with clients on many types of Drupal projects, so have a broad background to draw on when answering questions from trainees. We've been running Drupal trainings for almost 4 years on a variety of topics. We've presented trainings at four DrupalCons as well as many DrupalCamps.