Drupal is known for being a powerful platform with a steep learning curve. This course will give you an introduction to the world of Drupal and soften that learning curve so you can get up-to-speed with Drupal quickly. We'll cover fundamental Drupal concepts and terminology and give you the hands-on experience you need to get comfortable using Drupal.
Whether you're a developer using Drupal for the first time, a content editor looking for an introduction to Drupal administration, or a site builder wanting to know how to structure a new Drupal website, this course will get you started on the right foot.
The exercises will help you understand the process of creating a Drupal site. You'll also learn how to plan out your own website's structure and content.
You'll come away from the course with knowledge of:
- Drupal concepts and terminology
- The benefits of using Drupal
- The process of creating a new Drupal 8 website
- Drupal core functionality and how to use contributed modules
- Confidence to dive deeper into Drupal 8
- Installing Drupal
- Drupal 8 concepts, terminology, and overall architecture
- Creating content types and using fields
- Using taxonomy, and menus to structure your site
- Managing users and permissions
- Creating layouts with blocks
- Organizing your content with Views
- Installing and configuring contributed modules
- Multilingual functionality
Who Will Get the Most Out of This Course
Anyone who is new to Drupal and looking to get a base of knowledge. Decision makers considering various CMS platforms will also benefit from this course.
You need a fresh install of Drupal 8 on your laptop to use for the course. Before the course, we’ll send you step-by-step instructions on how to set up Drupal 8 using Acquia Dev Desktop. You can also use a LAMP, WAMP, or MAMP environment if you already have this set up.