Drupal is a powerful tool for building rich digital experiences and publishing content. But how do you know what type of experience to create or how to organize that content?
This course will walk you through the process of creating an effective user experience and information architecture. You'll learn how to create a user-centric content strategy, and plan the implementation of that strategy in Drupal. Whether you're creating a brand new website, migrating to Drupal, or improving on an existing project, you'll learn techniques that will help you build a solid strategy that speaks to your audiences.
You'll get hands-on experience creating the key deliverables that describe your information architecture. You'll learn how to validate that architecture to make sure it's user-friendly. And you'll also come away with practical advice and checklists to make sure that the experience you create is accessible and easy-to-use for content editors.
You'll come away from the course with knowledge of:
- How to define your audiences and their objectives
- The value of content inventories and audits and how to run them
- How to analyze content from a Drupal perspective
- Translating client and business needs into an information architecture
- Strategies for using taxonomies and landing pages effectively
- How to create a great experience for content editors
- Understanding how accessibility and usability testing contribute to your project
Throughout the training, we'll work in small teams on an example project. For that project, we'll walk through the process of:
- Building out requirements from stakeholders and audiences
- Creating a content inventory and running a content audit
- Creating personas and mapping out user journeys
- Doing an element-sorting exercise
- Creating a site map and content plan
- Designing meaningful content types, taxonomies, and menus in Drupal
- Planning out requirements for effective landing pages
- Content editor experience
- Running usability testing
Who Will Gain the Most From This Training?
Those responsible for creating or planning the content for a Drupal website; site builders, project managers, and site admins who are new to Drupal.