A Drupal website can look pretty ordinary out-of-the box, but the look and feel of Drupal is actually really flexible. In this course, you'll learn how to build a Drupal theme to customize the look and feel of your Drupal site. Learn how to create layouts, customize Twig templates, and practices for organizing your theme. We'll also cover responsive techniques and sub-theming.
You'll come away from the course with knowledge of:
- Best practices for Drupal theming
- How theming fits in with the over-all process of developing a Drupal website
- Steps for developing a custom theme
- When to use theming vs. configuration
- What's easy and what's hard to change about the front-end of Drupal
- Ability to create a Drupal theme by extending a core or contrib theme
- Creating a custom Drupal theme
Using Drupal's core themes
Drupal's templating system
Using Twig debug
Adding CSS to your Drupal theme
Configuration tools for layouts
- Sub-theming with Bootstrap
Using Twig to customize Views output
Using SASS in your Drupal theme
Extending Twig templates
Using libraries to load external assets
Best practices for Drupal theming
Who will gain the most from this course?
This course is ideal for designers and developers who have an HTML/CSS background and want to get into Drupal theming and who are responsible for developing or maintaining a custom Drupal theme. It will also be useful for Drupal 7 themers who want to upgrade their skills.