This course is the more advanced version of our Drupal Theming course, which teaches you how to create simple themes from scratch, add CSS for styling, and other Drupal theming basics. To get the most out of this course, it is recommended that you take that course or have relevant experience.
You should have experience in:
- Turning on Drupal's theme debugger to inspect templates
- Creating your own page, block, node, and field templates
- Comfort with the command line and some tools like Composer and SASS are a big plus!
You'll come away from the course with knowledge of:
- Loading external fonts from sites like Google Fonts
- Creating your own CSS/JS library and loading it only when needed
- Generating template suggestions when the defaults aren't enough
- Create a theme function file
- Using more advanced functions in Twig
- Load in external libraries and projects with Composer
- Setting up your project's file structure to compile CSS using SASS and Bootstrap 4
You'll have lessons to complete between live sessions (exercises with video instructions) and access to a Slack channel and a one-on-one session to help you out.
- Setup & Introductions
- Your Front-end Development Toolkit
- Advanced Twig Functions
- Customizing and Extending a Drupal Theme
- Optimizing File Structures to Compile and Organize CSS
- Loading in External Fonts
- Loading in External Libraries and Projects
- Creating Your Own CSS/JS Library
- Analyzing and Resolving Issues from Custom Themes
- Best Practices for Drupal Theming
Who Will Get the Most Out of This Course?
People who have already taken Evolving Web's Drupal Theming training will gain a ton from this!
If you've done some Drupal theme development before and have said to yourself, "There's probably a way to do this thing I need," there's a good chance we'll cover it in this training.