Well, it's time to go deeper.
This course is the more advanced version of our Drupal Theming course. It is recommended that you take that course or have relevant experience.
You should have experience in:
- Turning on Drupal's theme debugger to inspect templates
- Creating your own page, block, node, and field templates
- Comfort with the command line and some tools like Composer and SASS are a big plus!
You'll come away from the course with knowledge of:
- Loading external fonts from sites like Google Fonts
- Creating your own CSS/JS library and loading it only when needed
- Generating template suggestions when the defaults aren't enough
- Create a theme function file
- Using more advanced functions in Twig
- Load in external libraries and projects with Composer
- Setting up your project's file structure to compile CSS using with SASS and Bootstrap 4
- Advanced Twig functions
- Customizing and extending a Drupal theme
- Optimizing file structures to compile and organize CSS
- Analyzing and resolving issues from a custom theme
- Best practices for Drupal theming
Who Will Get the Most Out of This Course?
People who have already taken Evolving Web's Drupal Theming training will gain a ton from this!
If you've done some Drupal theme development before and have said to yourself, "There's probably a way to do this thing I need," there's a good chance we'll cover it in this training.