The Drupal content management system is known for its flexibility. Drupal can be used for many types of websites, from media portals to e-commerce sites, to community forums. Site builders have the task of customizing Drupal depending on the content and feature-set they want to provide.
This course will give participants a thorough understanding of the Drupal site building process. You'll get hands-on experience implementing advanced features with Drupal core and contributed modules.
You'll come away from the course with knowledge of:
- How to build complex and powerful functionality with Drupal core and contrib
- Understand how to select and configure contributed modules
- Knowledge of the overall Drupal site building process
- The benefits of Drupal 8, what's easy and what's difficult
- Best practices for launching and maintaining a secure and speedy website
- The limits of Drupal site building and when custom theming or module development is required
- Planning and implementing content types
- Views contextual filters and relationships
- Building layouts with configuration
- Creating landing pages with the Paragraphs module
- Selecting and installing contributed modules
- Site maintenance best practices
- Pre-launch checklist
Who will gain the most from this course?
This course is ideal for site builders, developers and themers who want to be able to configure functionality in Drupal rather than writing custom code.
You need a fresh install of Drupal 8 to use for the course. Before the course, we’ll send you instructions on how to set up Drupal 8 on your laptop using Acquia Dev Desktop. You can also use a LAMP, WAMP, or MAMP environment if you already have this set up.