Drupal module development is a powerful tool for developing customized Drupal websites. This training will help developers who are new to Drupal get up-to-speed with module development. You'll learn the process for developing a module and learn how to build a module by creating standard components like blocks, permissions, forms, and pages. The course will cover the concepts behind module development that will give you an overall understanding of how modules work. You'll also walk through exercises that will give you some hands-on experience developing Drupal modules from scratch.
You'll come away from the course with knowledge of:
- Best practices for Drupal module development
- How Drupal works from a back-end perspective
- Ability to create a Drupal 8 module
- How to use api.drupal.org to find documentation
- How to use development tools for Drupal
- Understanding of object-oriented programming for Drupal
- Creating a Drupal 8 Module
- Drupal Coding Standards
- Using Drush and Drupal Console
- Creating Pages Programmatically
- Creating Custom Field Types and Formatters
- Using the Examples Module
- Custom Forms
- Database Integration
- Creating Blocks Programmatically
- Creating Administrative Forms
- Patching Modules
- Configuration Management
Who will gain the most from this course?
This course is ideal for developers who are new to Drupal and want to be able to create or maintain custom modules. It will also be useful for Drupal 7 developers who want to upgrade their skills.
You need a fresh install of Drupal 8 to use for the course. Before the course, we’ll send you instructions on how to set up Drupal 8 on your laptop.