This course will give you a comprehensive understanding of the Drupal 8 backend and module development tools. You'll learn to work with dependency injection, services, and more, and discover processes and best practices for extending your Drupal modules' features using plugins, events, hooks and other code patterns.
This training is also recommended for Drupal 7 developers, as we'll cover topics where you can find major differences in upgrading.
This is the more advanced version of our Drupal Module Development course, which will give you experience working with the Drupal backend and building modules.
You'll learn how to:
- Build Drupal 8 modules with advanced techniques
- Use advanced Drupal APIs from your custom module
- Work with Composer and Drush
- Apply object-oriented programming for Drupal
- Follow best practices for Drupal module development
You'll have lessons to complete between live sessions (exercises with video instructions) and access to a Slack channel and a one-on-one session to help you out.
- Setup & Introductions
- Drupal 8 Development Tools
- Managing Settings and Configuration Across Environments
- Controlling Cache
- Understanding and Implementing Dependency Injection
- Using and Defining Services
- Working with Events
- Architecture Decisions for Blocks Development
- Migration Continued
- Best Practices for Module Development
Who Will Get the Most Out of This Course?
This course is ideal for Drupal developers and PHP programmers who want to learn how to create, modify and maintain custom modules for Drupal 7, Drupal 8, or Drupal 9. It is also useful for Drupal 7 developers who want to upgrade their skills. Attendees of our Drupal Module Development course can attend this course to upgrade their skills.