Developers who are new to Drupal often face challenges setting up a development workflow and deploying updates. Learn how to use a standard set of tools and best practices to implement a workflow that makes your development and deployment process smooth.
You'll come away with knowledge of:
- Setting up a Drupal project in Git
- Setting up sharing environments
- Setting up multi-dev
- Setting up a Docker to manage local development
- Creating a tagged release
- Automated testing to ensure site functionality
- Creating a maintenance release
The Blended Learning Process: How it Works
This blended learning course is scheduled over two weeks. It consists of pre-recorded videos and exercises that allow you to self-direct your learning and learn at your own schedule, live training with your instructor and cohort to deepen your understanding, and one-on-one training sessions with instructors to get more guidance and support as needed.
Here's what to expect:
- 👩🏫 6 live, interactive sessions over Zoom (Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 1pm ET)
- 📺 15 carefully crafted videos and virtual exercises to complete in between the sessions
- 👨💻 One-on-one sessions for personalized support
- 💬 A dedicated Slack channel to learn and grow together
- 🏆 A certificate upon completion
It's recommended that you spend 5 hours a week on learning per week to fully absorb the course materials. You'll have lessons to complete between live sessions (exercises with video instructions) and access to a Slack channel and a one-on-one session to help you out.
Tuesday Live Session: Install Party & Introductions (30 minutes)
Wednesday Live Session: Development environments and tools in Drupal (45 minutes)
Thursday Live Session: Git tags and branches (45 minutes)
Tuesday Live Session: Implementing Git Flow (45 minutes)
Wednesday Live Session: Automated testing (45 minutes)
Thursday Live Session: Maintaining a site after launch, best practices for workflows and maintenance (45 minutes)
Who Will Get the Most Out of This Course
This course is ideal for developers who want to learn how to set up a better development and deployment workflow.