Are you planning to move your website to Drupal 8? In this workshop, we'll cover the steps to follow when upgrading from other versions of Drupal, or from another platform. We'll plan the content migration process, do research into which modules to use, write content migrations, and walk through the steps of migrating a set of content to Drupal 8.
Each participant will also have the chance to share examples from their existing site and work on an upgrade plan.
You'll come away from the course with knowledge of:
- The process of moving from Drupal 6 or 7 to Drupal 8
- Best practices in module selection for Drupal 8
- Content strategy techniques to consider during an upgrade
- How to do an audit of an existing Drupal site
- Creating a migration from Drupal to Drupal
- Creating a migration from an external source (database, CSV, etc)
- Analysis of an existing Drupal site
- Running a content audit on an existing site
- Planning which modules to use in Drupal 8
- How to migrate content from an external source to Drupal 8
- Migrating content from Drupal 6 or 7 to Drupal 8
- Tools for upgrading your custom modules
- Creating an upgrade plan
- Tools for testing an upgrade
Who Will Get the Most Out of This Course
Anyone who is planning to move their site to Drupal 8, who has experience with Drupal site building and developing simple modules.
You need a fresh install of Drupal 8 on your laptop to use for the course. Before the course, we’ll send you step-by-step instructions on how to set up Drupal 8 using Acquia Dev Desktop. You can also use a LAMP, WAMP, or MAMP environment if you already have this set up.