The Web Experience Toolkit distribution is a version of Drupal that has been customized for organizations with strict accessibility and bilingual requirements. It's widely used by the Government of Canada. In this training, we'll cover how to build a website using the Web Experience Toolkit distribution of Drupal.
This two-day training will walk through essential site building techniques, and also cover more advanced components including the Features module and multilingual components.
- Introduction: What is the Drupal-WxT Distribution?
- Installing the Web Experience Toolkit
- Content Management
- Adding Roles and Customizing the Workflow
- Adding Business Logic
- Using the Layout Builder
- Managing Menus
- Translating Other Elements in Drupal
- Configuration Management
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Understand the components of the Drupal WET distribution
- Use the bilingual content management system and translate user interface components
- Create landing pages and other dynamic pages using Panels
- Manage menus and information architecture
- Use workflows and customize roles and permissions
- Use features to manage site configuration
- Create and manage content on the website
- Use other built-in components like breadcrumbs and social media features
- Take advantage of the distribution's accessibility, responsive, and multilingual features
Who Will Get the Most Out of This Course?
This course is designed for Government of Canada employees who use the Drupal WxT distribution as web publishers and content editors.