⚡ TL;DR: If you're planning an intranet project, you should read our new white paper. It's called Building Business-Friendly Intranets with Drupal, and you can download a free copy right here.
Love it or loathe it, having a centralized intranet portal is a must-have for most organizations—especially when your users need the ability to collaborate in real time with other team members in different locations, as is the case for so many of us these days.
We dislike the in these trying times cliché as much as anyone, but current circumstances have undeniably sparked renewed interest in intranet solutions among organizations of all sizes and scopes. With that in mind, our team felt it was a perfect time to put together a decision-making resource for businesses that are currently considering which technology they should use to power their portal.
Because when it comes to corporate intranets, there's no one-size-fits-all.
Businesses and institutions face a dizzying variety of unique, specific challenges that can be addressed with different intranet styles and approaches. Some of those challenges include:
- The need to work and share content securely with external collaborators, suppliers, or clients
- Managing large volumes of content and data that need to be easily searchable and accessible
- Unifying a diverse, decentralized workforce
- Juggling legacy technologies, closed-source ecosystems (cough, SharePoint, cough), licensing fees, and platform updates
- Poor user adoption of existing intranet (often caused by a subpar user experience)
What this all means, in a nutshell, is that the key ingredient for a successful intranet project—whether you're planning a migration, a redesign, or a brand new build—is flexibility. And that's exactly where open-source solutions such as Drupal truly shine.
The Evolving Web team has worked on intranet projects of all shapes and sizes, and we've compiled some of our top insights—backed by real-life case studies—in a brand-new white paper.
- Drupal backgrounder. What is Drupal, anyway? Get the quick-and-dirty overview.
- Drupal intranet examples. Real-life Drupal intranet case studies, including McGill University's graduate application platform
- Features and capabilities. An in-depth look at what businesses can build for their intranet with Drupal
- First-hand knowledge. Valuable intranet design tips and insights from our highly experienced team
- And more!
✅ Get your free copy of Building Business-Friendly Intranets with Drupal today (and don't hesitate to reach out if you'd like to continue the conversation).