Gatsby is the React-based static site generator that turns your dynamic Drupal content into a blazingly fast website. Being React-based means you also get all the benefits of an app, combined with smart handling of your Drupal content for generating pages of content.
In this training, you’ll learn how to create your first Gatsby website, build React components, and display content from your Drupal site in Gatsby. You’ll learn the process of developing for Gatsby: writing templates with JSX, using GraphQL to extract your content, and taking advantage of existing components that come with Gatsby to build your website or app efficiently. You’ll also learn the essentials of React development.
- Understanding the underlying technology: React, JSX, ES6, WebPack, GraphQL, Babel
- Knowing when to use Gatsby for your projects
- Understanding the React architecture and component-based development
- Knowing the role of Components, Classes, Event Handlers, and Plugins
- Understand the react component life cycle
- Understanding the difference between stateful components and stateless components
- How to use the State workflow
- Set up your first Gatsby project using command line tools
- JSX Syntax
- Create React components
- Use Plugins to style your components
- Use State to make our application interactive
- Query Drupal data using GraphQL
- Manipulate the data to use in your components
- Create templates in Gatsby to display your Drupal content as pages
- Learn about Plugins and modules to help you use Gatsby + Drupal together
- Deploy your site!