Drupal websites are ideal for handling lots of content, and as soon as you have a lot of content, you're probably going to need a search interface. Often, search is neglected, and Drupal's built-in search UI offers a limited set of options.
As soon as you venture into contrib, search modules provide a ton of features and options for creating an advanced search UI. It can be hard to figure out which options to choose or even which modules you'll need. Then, there's the challenge of allowing your users to drill down into the content, without overwhelming them with search filters. In this training, we'll walk through the steps of setting up a search interface with the Search API module, with an eye for creating a UI that is user friendly and reflects the content on your site.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Set up a Search Index with Solr
- Design content that is searchable
- Create Views to display search results
- Configure filters and sorts for an advanced search UI
- Extend Facet API with contributed modules
- Design a search interface that's easy to use
This training is intended for site builders or developers who have experience configuring Drupal, but are new to Search API.