The U15 is a group of leading Canadian research universities. It promotes research and innovation and supports joint research programs between member universities.
We designed and developed a fully responsive, bilingual website for the U15 to promote its policy objectives to decision makers and the university community. The design includes landing pages that can be easily updated by site administrators.
The website was created from scratch for the U15 when it first came into existence, so we worked with the client to create its digital branding and to create a content strategy that worked for the organization.
- The U15 needed to develop its online presence from scratch
- No previously existing website and a limited set of branding documents
- Communicate the purpose, achievements, and activities the U15, a fledgling organization
- Develop a content and web strategy to ensure that the organization achieves its communication goals
- Content strategy and website design
- Fully bilingual website in Drupal 7
- Custom responsive theme based on the Bootstrap framework
- Easy-to-use content editing tools like WYSIWYG and Panels
- The U15 can communicate with a wider audience
- Member universities have a forum to communicate policy objectives
- Visitors can learn about the U15’s initiatives and upcoming events, find publications and data, and view the list of member universities
- All public-facing text content can be added in both English and French
- Navigation is user-friendly and accessible
- Content creation and editing is streamlined and everyday tasks are self-explanatory
- Training and documentation ensure that U15 staff have the knowledge necessary to keep the website up-to-date