Our mandate was to re-implement the AllSeen Alliance website in a short amount of time to prepare the launch of the AllJoyn Framework. The goal was to design and launch the updated website over just a few months, in time for the annual AllSeen Alliance conference. The existing legacy website needed a major design and content overhaul, whose technical architecture needed to be in-line with the platform for all sites hosted and maintained by the Linux Foundation.
The AllSeen Alliance also wanted to take the opportunity to redesign the website, implement a new content strategy, and change the information architecture. The design and content phase was led by FFW's design team and Linux Foundation staff, while Evolving Web was solely responsible for the implementation and content migration.
Our client, Linux Foundation, settled on Drupal as the premier open-source solution for enterprise web content management, and uses it to power dozens of web projects, including https://linuxfoundation.org. They have a dedicated team of talented Drupal developers maintaining these projects, so using Drupal is an easy decision.
The AllSeen Alliance website's requirements were a great match for Drupal and contributed modules, with the only major custom code involving sync to pages managed by a static site generator. The website displays an array of standard content types like press releases, events, blog posts, and board members. It also supports customizable landing pages to display various documents, videos, and calls to action, which need to be easy-to-update, flexible, and yet maintain a consistent look and feel.
- Actively worked with partner agency and stakeholders, providing guidance during the design phase
- Implemented a user-friendly, fully responsive design
- Migrated all content from a set of spreadsheets, and the legacy Drupal site
- Implemented flexible landing pages with views, entity reference fields, and custom theming
- Implemented the updated AllSeen Alliance branding
- Adding dynamic content authoring tools for creating landing pages, scheduling content, and selecting homepage content
- Creating a deployment script to smoothly build a copy of the site from scratch
- Synchronized developer docs section from markdown content managed in Git and rendered by a custom static site generator
- Created a showcase of AllJoyn certified products
In conjunction with this project, we also created an Intranet for AllJoyn device certification.