Thank you for signing up for an Evolving Web training!
In order to follow along with the exercises in your Drupal training, you'll need access to a fresh install of Drupal 8 on your laptop.
If you already have a Drupal development environment set up, then just make sure you create a fresh install before the course. For theming and module development courses, you'll need access to the code base, so you should have a local install.
Installing Drupal 8 on Mac or Windows, using Acquia Dev Desktop:
- Go to http://www.acquia.com/downloads.
- Under 'Acquia Dev Desktop', choose the adapted operating system: 'Mac Download' or 'Windows Download'.
- Run Acquia Dev Desktop installer and click through the installation steps.
- After the installation is complete, the Acquia Dev Desktop application should launch.
Click 'Start from scratch, I don't have an existing Drupal site'. You created a new website for the training.
Next to Drupal 8, click ‘Install’.
- Choose your local site's name and select the most recent version of PHP 7. Click 'Finish'.
In the Acquia Dev Desktop screen, click on the link to your Drupal site next to 'Local site'.
You are redirected to the configuration page of your new website.
Choose the language that suits you and pick the 'Standard' profile. Your website is settling down.
Configure your website with the required information. Don't forget to keep track of the username and password you select, so you can reuse them for the training.
- You're done. You created a brand new Drupal website!
If you encounter any difficulties with the installation, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com