This course will give you a solid introduction to Drupal concepts and site-building techniques. We'll cover fundamental Drupal site architecture and terminology and give you the hands-on experience you need to get comfortable using Drupal.
Over the two days of this course, you'll get a chance to see the Drupal site building process, strategies for getting your content into Drupal, and some of the modules you'll need to build a powerful Drupal website. We'll cover best practices and techniques that will help you build a robust, sustainable Drupal site for your organization.
You'll come away from the course with knowledge of:
- Drupal concepts and terminology
- The benefits of using Drupal
- The process of creating a new Drupal 8 website
- Content strategy for Drupal
- How to select and configure contributed modules
- The benefits of Drupal 8, what's easy and what's difficult
- Best practices for launching and maintaining a secure and speedy website
- The limits of Drupal site building and when custom theming or module development is required
- Installing Drupal
- Drupal 8 concepts, terminology, and overall architecture
- Planning and implementing content types and fields in Drupal 8
- Mapping content to Drupal data types
- Using taxonomy, and menus to structure your site
- Designing and creating landing pages
- Managing users and permissions
- Creating layouts with blocks
- Organizing your content with Views
- Installing and configuring contributed modules
- Multilingual functionality
- Site maintenance best practices
- Pre-launch checklist
Who Will Get the Most Out of This Course
Anyone who is new to Drupal and looking to get a solid base of knowledge. Decision makers considering various CMS platforms will also benefit from this course.
You need a fresh install of Drupal 8 on your laptop to use for the course. Before the course, we’ll send you step-by-step instructions on how to set up Drupal 8 using Acquia Dev Desktop. You can also use a LAMP, WAMP, or MAMP environment if you already have this set up.