Evolving Web is running a Views Configuration Training at DrupalCon Portland this year. The training will run 9am-6pm on May 20th at the Oregon Convention Center.
Views is the most popular contributed module on Drupal.org and an essential tool for any Drupal website. It allows you to create dynamic listings of content with just a few clicks of the mouse. By mastering Views configuration, you'll be able to build a more engaging and effective Drupal website.
In the training, we'll cover the core concepts of Views and get right into using the more advanced features and adding modules to extend Views functionality. Students will come out of the class knowing how to:
- Create dynamic lists of content, displayed in a variety of formats
- Create lists of other elements in Drupal like taxonomy terms, users and comments
- Override the HTML output of Views in configuration
- Organize content in Views using sorting and filtering
- Use Views contextual filters and relationships to build more powerful and effective lists of data
- Use the most useful contrib modules to extend Views functionality
We'll include some more advanced topics for developers and themers, and site builders.
Training is a great way to jump into DrupalCon, allowing you to get into the spirit of the conference with a focused day of learning. It also gives you the chance to make connections with people before the conference even starts. You can register for the training on the DrupalCon Portland website.
If you don't have a chance to make it to Portland, we're also offering the Views configuration course in May in Toronto (May 3) and Ottawa (May 13). For a full listing of our upcoming trainings, see our training section.