DrupalCon Austin promises to be a great event! The North American DrupalCon is always the biggest Drupal event of the year, which means a lot of content to absorb, people to meet, and ideas to share. There are also opportunities to contribute to the Drupal project, which is one of the most important parts of the conference.
If you're coming to DrupalCon to expand your knowledge, there are sessions on lots of topics, so it's a great opportunity to soak up a lot of information. However, you might come away feeling somewhat overwhelmed.
One of the best ways to get the most out of the conference is to attend a DrupalCon training. Trainings are scheduled on the first day of the conference (Monday, June 2nd) and go from 9am-5pm, leaving lots of time to learn about a specific aspect of Drupal. Attending a training has lots of benefits:
- You have the chance to do hands-on learning rather than just listening and taking notes
- You get to meet and interact with attendees from other organizations, and learn how they're using Drupal
- Many trainings are focused on specific topics, so you come away with in-depth knowledge of that topic
- There's a really high trainer to student ratio, so you get to ask lots of questions and get one-on-one help
- Trainers are Drupal experts, so you can learn from their experience
There's early bird pricing on DrupalCon training tickets until May 2nd, so now is the time to sign up! There are trainings on lots of topics for different skill levels.
Evolving Web is presenting a Views Configuration Training as part of the conference. Views is the ultimate Drupal site building tool. If you have a Drupal website, this training will give you the skills you need to organize and display content the way you want, all through the admin UI.