Montréal est doté d'un des meilleurs systèmes de pistes cyclables dans la province. Vous pourriez en profiter avec un abonnement gratuit au programme de partage de vélo Bixi.
Linux System Administrator
We’re looking for a talented Linux sysadmin to join our development team. We need someone with a technical background who can learn quickly, solve problems in an agile environment, work on open source projects, and use open source tools.
You’re passionate about open source, you want to work on innovative projects and solve interesting problems. You love the thrill of working with a small team where you can wear different hats - Chef master, performance optimizer, documentation tsar. You’re also an effective communicator, and have no problem switching between writing technical documentation and solving a tricky Memcache issue. Anything less than the best just doesn’t cut it for you.
You like the nitty-gritty details? Great! Here are some of the more technical requirements of the role:
- Opportunity to attend Drupal conferences in North America and Europe
- Work on interesting projects of your choice on company time
- Gain experience from working with talented developers
- Work in trendy Old Montreal, eat lunch by the water in the summer!
- Work with a small team of developers
- Lead efforts to develop robust internal and client infrastructure
- Contribute to and participate in the Drupal community
- Create documentation
- 1-2 years of system administration experience
- Experience deploying web applications to Apache or Nginx
- Experience writing deployment scripts
- Experience administering a Git server
- Ability to set up and tune MySQL
Positive consideration given to:
- Previous contributions to an open source project
- Experience automating configuration with Chef
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services or a similar system
- Experience with Nagios
About Evolving Web
Evolving Web is a web development company based in Montreal. We specialize in open source technologies including Drupal, the PHP framework, and Solr, the Java-based search engine. Our team contributes to open source projects, travels to awesome tech conferences around the world, and builds websites and web applications that make the internet a better place.