Drupal 7 Views & Panels
Learn how to use Views and Panels, two powerful and popular Drupal modules, to control how content is displayed throughout your website using only configuration.
Views is a query builder, used to select, sort and display content in various ways. Whether you're building a list of blog posts or a complex events calendar, Views is an essential tool when building a Drupal website. In this training, you'll see how powerful Views is, and how you can extend it to create a custom user experience. If youʼre familiar with database administration, Views is going to seem very familiar. Itʼs an easy way to build fairly complex queries using a point-and-click tool.
Panels is a popular Drupal module used to create individual pages with complex layouts of your content (3 column vs 2 column layout, with or without a top header or footer, etc). We’ll show you how to use Panels to take over existing pages such as the node creation page, and cover how to use Panels in conjunction with Views to create context-specific displays of your data. We'll explain how to embed views within Panels, create custom block sections, create custom node displays, and create custom administration pages.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Create dynamic lists of content, displayed as HTML lists and tables
- Create lists of taxonomy terms, users and comments, sorted in various ways
- Use Views' contextual filters and relationships to build more powerful and useful lists of data
- Extend Views by adding additional modules to display content in different ways
- Create customizable, configurable layouts with Panels
- Create a system to allow users to modify layout without touching code
- Use Panels contexts and variants for a control over display of content depending on context, such as page or user role
Upcoming Dates for this Course
There aren't currently any scheduled training sessions for this course.