Montreal has some of the best bike paths in the city, so what better way to explore this than with free membership to the city’s bike share program.
We’re looking for a talented developer intern to join our development team. We need someone with a technical background who can learn quickly, solve problems in an agile environment, work on open source projects, and use open source tools.
You’re passionate about open source, you want to work on innovative projects and solve interesting problems. You love the thrill of working with a small team where you can wear different hats - Drupal ninja, community contributor, module writer, documentation tsar. You’re also an effective communicator, and have no problem switching between writing technical documentation and solving a tricky query caching problem. Anything less than the best just doesn’t cut it for you. For more information about what an internship at Evolving Web is like, read this write-up by our rockstar 2011 intern Tavish Armstrong.
You like the nitty-gritty details? Great! Here are some of the more technical requirements of the role:
- Opportunity to attend Drupal conferences in North America and Europe
- Work on interesting projects of your choice on company time
- Get up-to-speed on Drupal by pair-programming with experienced developers
- Learn from Drupal gurus by participating in code sprints
- Work in trendy Old Montreal, eat lunch by the water in the summer!
- Work with a small team of developers
- Develop custom Drupal modules
- Debug Drupal modules and create patches
- Contribute to and participate in the Drupal community
- Create documentation
- 1-2 years of web development or system administration experience
- Experience with: Django, Ruby on Rails, Drupal, or another web development platform
- Familiarity with the Linux command line
- Familiarity with a version control system
- Familiarity with Apache, SQL, PHP
Positive consideration given to:
- Previous contributions to an open source project
- Experience working with APIs such as Flickr, Google Maps, Facebook, etc.
- Vim experience
About Evolving Web
Evolving Web is a Montreal-based Drupal web development shop serving enterprise needs through multilingual content management, scalable deployment, integration with legacy systems, and exposing data through Apache Solr. We participate in the Drupal community by contributing code, hosting local meetups, and sponsoring Drupal conferences.